A. Green Campus: A place where eco-friendly practices and education combine to promote eco-friendly practices on campus. The Green Campus concept provides an opportunity for an educational institution to redefine its eco-friendly culture and develop new paradigms by creating sustainable solutions for the environmental, social, and economic needs of mankind.
Objectives of the Go Green Program: The first step of the Go Green Program involves establishing an operable Green-Campus Committee, within the organizational structure. Hence, to give this initiative more clarity and authenticity, we need to prepare an officially and fully functional and concrete POLICY DOCUMENT.
Greening the campus is all about sweeping away wasteful inefficiencies and using conventional sources of energy for its daily power needs, correct disposal handling, purchase of eco-friendly supplies, and an effective recycling program.
The administration of the Institute believes that everyone has to work out the time-bound strategies to implement green campus initiatives. These strategies need to be incorporated into the institutional planning and budgeting processes to develop a clean and green campus. Every individual on Arni university campus will work, may he/she be a student, faculty, or support staff to foster a culture of self-sustainability and make the entire campus eco-friendly. The Green Campus Initiatives will enable the university to develop the campus as a living laboratory for renascence.
Objectives of the Go Green Program:
B. Role of the Go- Green Campus Programme:
The inspiration for a successful Green Campus must begin at the top and emanate throughout the rest of the campus. Without a strong message of commitment and involvement from both the Chairperson and Members of the Committee, well-intentioned initiatives may be too fragmented to allow for Institute- wide participation. Thus given this, the committee will plan and execute to:
• Seek views of all the Stakeholders to make the Go Green Campus initiative functional throughout the year.
• Conduct the Campus' environmental impacts to identify the targets for improvements.
• Establish a Green Campus Environmental Ethics Awareness campaign.
• Set forth a Green Campus Mission and a Statement of Principles.
• Link Green-Campus activities to Academics in the Institute.
• Organize Awareness Programs for the students, faculty, and society.
• Chart out a yearly planner for the Institute, local community, and Stakeholders.
• Develop a strategic plan and create student teams to carry out specific tasks of the strategic plan. For instance, a plan to save energy at the institute level with a time-bound plan to install a Solar Power Station mandatorily either at the top of the Institute building or in an open field. This will enable the institute to have a 24x7 power supply.
• Phase-out the CFL and conventional light sources such as bulbs and tube lights, halogen and mercury street/campus lights, and get them replaced by LEDs.
• Conduct an Annual Green, Environment, and Energy Audit.
• Purchase only Energy Efficient Computers viz: “ENERGY STAR” or any other equivalent.
• Establish public/private partnerships with personnel from federal, state, and local environmental agencies, utilities, and the business community.
• Evaluate daily operations in terms of pollution prevention, waste stream management, and energy efficiency reducing, reusing, recycling, and repairing wherever possible.
• Secure a commitment upfront from the people in charge that well-founded recommendations will be acted upon once audits are completed.
C. Promotion of “Save Energy Tips” in and outside the Institute:
D. Waste water Management/ Rainwater harvesting:
The Institute has to work in the direction of wastewater management, particularly in student hostels. Water flow restrictors on bathroom faucets and showers, low water flow toilets, and automated urinal flushers should be used to cut down campus water use. The Institute will take all necessary measures to implement wastewater management /rainwater harvesting.
Major Green Campus Initiatives:
For further details and inquiries, please feel free to write to us: email@example.com